Tamanend is ideally located in St. Tammany Parish on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain
within minutes of several points of interest, including New Orleans.
At the Heart of It All
Louisiana’s Northshore provides the perfect setting to enjoy the way of living you deserve. Situated along the Northshore in Lacombe, Tamanend is nestled away from the hustle and bustle, yet close to everything you need for a comfortable life including restaurants, shops, grocery stores and other services.
Within 20 minutes, you will find the appealing small cities of Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, each with its own character. Mandeville, founded originally as a summer lakeside resort for wealthy New Orleans denizens, features specialty boutiques, fabulous restaurants and incredible outdoor recreation, including the 2,800-acre Fontainebleau State Park. In Slidell, the ambiance is pure charm, with antique shops, delightful dining options and the historic Olde Towne Main Street. Should you need to travel, Slidell offers convenience, with three interstates, municipal airport and Amtrak Station. To the west is Covington, a picturesque backdrop for upscale restaurants, lively cultural activities and community festivals.
For the outdoor enthusiast, Tamanend’s location presents a plethora of possibilities. In addition to several nature parks and green spaces, the area boasts a 2017 Rail-Trail Hall of Fame Inductee. Tammany Trace is a former railroad corridor converted into a 31-mile hike-and-bike trail spanning from Covington, through Abita Springs, Mandeville and Lacombe, to Slidell.
When you crave big-city excitement for an abundance of entertainment, restaurants, shopping or culture, New Orleans is only 37 miles away. Take in a revue, shop ‘til you drop, indulge in Crawfish Étouffée or cheer on the Tulane Green Wave. If professional sports are your game, New Orleans is home to the NFL’s Saints and the NBA’s Pelicans.
Tamanend is the Heart of the Northshore. And, it is at the heart of it all.
Did You Know?
St. Tammany Parish Is:
- Named after a chief who was revered as an American patron saint for promoting amicable relations between the Lenni-Lenape nation and English settlers
- The fastest-growing and most affluent parish in Louisiana
- Ranked in the Top 10 school districts in Louisiana and named in the top 16% of public school districts in the nation by Niche.com
- Home to Abita Brewing Company
- Connected to New Orleans via the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, the longest continuous bridge over water in the world, spanning almost 24 miles each direction
- The start and end of Tammany Trace, a 2017 Rail-Trail Hall of Fame inductee and the first rail-trail in Louisiana to receive national honors
- The location of seven renowned hospitals
Beyond the Northshore area, there is so much that awaits you close by. Whether you dream of a day at the beach, exciting city nightlife or anything in between, Tamanend’s location makes your dream a reality. In addition to dining, shopping, attractions and museums, the surrounding areas further enhance the Tamanend location.
Arts & Entertainment